Service Learning Programs
Our Service Learning trips are residential learning programs designed to help individuals acquire professional skills and experiences through service done by sustained immersion within a local community, or through a project in a specific destination and focusing on a specific outcome that is beneficial for both the local and broader community.
1) Helping individuals acquire professional skills and experience through service.
2) Stimulating critical thinking around the interrelated nature and underlying causes of social issues, such as poverty, disability, environmental conservation, etc.
3) Gaining exposure to other cultures, ethnic groups/communities.
4) Encouraging future community work and social service career exploration.
5) Developing emphatic and service-oriented mindsets in youth.
1) Pre-arranged service learning projects with partnering NGOs.
2) Equipping students with the fundamental skills and knowledge needed for service.
3) Establishing a community partnership through orienteering and group-building activities.
4) Cultural and language instruction.
5) Teaching critical skills such as effective dialogue/communication, design thinking, and leadership.
1) The necessary tools and knowledge to understand the components of various cultures.
2) Friendships and networks that may last a lifetime.
3) Clarification of personal values, beliefs and life goals.
4) Appreciation and understanding of community, spirituality, and the role of arts in human civilization.
5) Opportunity to engage in reflective, analytic, and participatory involvement that will allow individuals to respond to various cultures.
6) A more authentic relationship with the global community and Mother Earth.
An opportunity to practice on how to make a meaningful impact in society through a service learning experience supported with effective facilitation, coaching, and culture and language instruction.